Sunday, February 26, 2012

Just Don't Look Up

We were marginally successful in creating actual living space for the holidays.  I can't tell you how amazing it was to have our comfy couch and chairs out of storage (sunroom) and arrayed in proximity to a fireplace and a TV.  It was like our own personal family decompression chamber.  For the first couple of days we were delirious and oblivious, which was nice.

The ceiling is still wide open to the upstairs joists and subfloor, which is fine.  It's a tall "ceiling" -- 10+ feet -- so it's not as obvious   And we're planning to put in some radiant heating (Ultra-Fin) for the bunkroom (later to be our Master), move some plumbing around and play with the positioning of a whole bunch of recessed lighting.  I also want to play with some gel-stain products to lighten up the super-dark, creosote-tone beams (and not have to mask while I'm doing it.)  Essentially, the room looks great, as long as you don't look up.  Or down.  I havent' finshed the floor yet.  But I am going to need a week of kid-free, well-ventilated time to do that.  Maybe this summer sometime?  No biggie.  See, I can picture what it's going to look like in my head.  The color of the floor.  The tone of the light once there is a ceiling and a floor in place...  The reat of y'all will just have to... not look up... or down.

No comments:

Post a Comment