Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Three Rs


Do you believe in a cosmic reset button? Well, I sure as heck do. Regardless of religion or spiritual acuity, just about everyone can recall a time when everything was going along swimmingly and something (or some series of things) happened to turn it all upside down, forcing a new direction or perspective.

So, that's what happened, without further details or ado. After many years and professional and personal incarnations in- and outside the beltway (and the most recent comforts of living in a new, custom home), my husband and I have moved with our two small children to a very small town in New Hampshire. Here we found a house that needed us. And I believe the feeling is mutual.

Over the last few weeks, I have regaled our friends and family with tales of humor and woe -- our first experiences in This Old Purple House. It is at their urging that I begin this journal and share with anyone who cares to follow our long and winding road of renovation, restoration and redemption. The Three Rs, if you will.

1 comment: